Alumni Letter (2016): Amanda Muzzio, New York University College of Dentistry

Amanda was a Cal Poly student, class of 2013, and attended Dental school at New York University, class of 2018. Here is her letter:

"For me, the first semester of dental school was all about learning how to study for such a fast-paced and rigorous course load. I realized that I had to ditch how I studied in undergrad – no more Fridays and Saturdays off from studying and definitely no more cramming for exams! I also had to get used to spending some weekends in the bench lab at school practicing my hand skills. It’s professional school now, and I needed to learn the material like a professional would. That meant studying and practicing for my long-term memory in order to use it when I would eventually treat my patients. Most importantly, though, the first semester was when I found my place in my new school and city. I didn’t focus all of my energy on academics – at times I prioritized relaxing and exploring my new home, meeting my classmates, and getting involved with on-campus clubs. A strong support network and an outlet for stress are very important, so building these early on has really helped me stay happy and balanced throughout the past three years here!"



Feel free to contact her with any questions: amanda.m.muzzio@gmail.com

Note: This letter was written and received in 2016. Click here to check out a more recent letter from Dr. Muzzio to see what she's been up to since graduating from NYU in 2018.

Comments